Awareness raising and immunization of Roma, Ashkali and Egyptian
Awareness raising and immunization of Roma, Ashkali and Egyptian children
Project is implemented in 13 municipalities of Kosovo. Fushe Kosova, Ferizaj, Lipjan, Shtime, Obiliq, Gjilan, Gracanica, Mitrovica, Podujevo, Peja, Klina, Istog, Prizren.
Output 1: Increase access to immunization services for Roma, Ashkali and Egyptian children in Fushe Kosova, Ferizaj, Lipjan, Shtime, Obiliq, and Gjilan municipalities.
- Increase capacities of 40 youth from Roma, Ashkali and Egyptian communities through a one-day training to perform the identification of children who missed immunization.
- Identify children who missed their regular immunization calendar by visiting approximately 4000 families
- Organize trainings for mentors and volunteers on communication skills in order to prepare them to work with communities related to the awareness raising activities
- Provide training of health professional through training on continuation of immunization while staying engaged in COVID-19 response
- Provision of immunizations and health awareness activitiee
- Organize catch-up vaccination sessions, including planning sessions and appointments for outreach sessions on the field and in health facilities, and set up individual catch up vaccination schedules. Vaccination sessions will be organized in health facilities and in the field, and the modality will be determined in cooperation with health professionals.
- Conduct awareness raising meetings/informative sessions with Roma, Ashkali and Egyptian communities regarding the importance of immunization. The activity will be conducted in accordance to COVID-19 prevention measures.
- Provide hygiene packages to the families who immunize their children. Hygiene packages will be ensured by UNICEF. BSFK will organize the delivery of the packages to each family who immunizes their child.
- Conduct regular monitoring of each activity performed, including vaccination coverage and potential vaccine-preventable disease outbreaks.
- Conduct a rapid assessment on vaccination of children from Roma, Ashkali and Egyptian communities during COVID-19 (within the project cycle) in 7 municipalities with the majority of Roma, Ashkali and Egyptian communities.
Output 2: Raise awareness of the importance of immunization
- Develop communication materials as follows:
- Three short videos– to showcase door to door campaign on immunization and inspire and encourage others on the benefit of the full immunization of the child.
- A set of 100 professional photos showcasing engagement of nurses and collaboration of the communities on regular immunization programme will be developed. Photos will be utilized for social media communication to the public, including the donor.
- Develop six graphities on importance of immunization – in the city center of each target municipality.
- Develop and publish 3 human interest stories
- Radio interviews – implement at least 10 radio interviews in local radio stations with nurses and parents who already immunized their children. The media report will be developed with information on the broadcasting of the interviews.