Supporting Roma, Ashkali and Egyptian communities sexual and reproductive health during
Supporting Roma, Ashkali and Egyptian communities sexual and reproductive health during COVID-19
Project is supported by UNFPA
Timeframe: 4 months
Locations: 4 municipalities (Fushe Kosova, Gracanica, Shtime, Obiliq. 5 Learning Centers (2 in Plemetina village in Obiliq)
Beneficiaries: Approximately 1500 families.
- Empowerment and engagement in youth in sexual and reproductive health issues with focus in related to Roma, Ashkali and Egyptian communities in 4 municipalities of Kosova
- Provision of the health materials to the Roma, Ashkali and Egyptian communities in 4 municipalities.
- Provision of the health awareness activities to children from Roma, Ashkali and Egyptian communities attending 5 BSFK Learning Centers (online activities).
- Establish 5 youth clubs within 5 BSFK Learning Centers. Youth clubs will offer space for youth to meet, plan, and act. Communities will have an address to raise issues related to sexual and reproductive health care, and as well overall health issues caused by Pandemics.
- Engage and empower at least 20 youth from Roma, Ashkali and Egyptian communities in health-related activities. Youth will receive three-day training related to sexual and reproductive health and as well information about health policies and health mechanisms.
- Five Learning Centers Coordinators will be engaged to coordinate health activities in each location (within five Learning Centers) and provide mentorship and support to youth in 5 youth clubs.
2.1 Implement rapid need assessment in 4 municipalities (Fushë Kosova, Gracanica, Shtime and Obiliq (Plemetina village) related to health issues (number of pregnant women, antenatal care, STI, cervical cancer, breast cancer, COVID, family planning, HIV, people with diabetes, people with disabilities, people with respiratory health issues, hypertension, cardio-vascular problems). During the survey volunteers will create a database of needs for medicaments, health provision services, specific awareness raising initiatives, etc). Database will be shared with stakeholders in order to assist those in need.
2.2 Provide hygiene packages to approximately 800 families from Roma, Ashkali and Egyptian communities in 4 municipalities. Delivery of the packages will have in focus single mothers, children with special needs, people with COVID19. See annex “Package for hygiene materials” with proposed list of materials. Approximate cost for this package is 11-12 Euro.
2.3 Home to home visits in order to raise awareness of approximately 1500 families related to STI and Covid-19
- Provide health education lessons to children benefiting from the activities of the Learning Centers and as well health materials such tooth brush and tooth paste, soaps, and other hygienic materials.
- Visit pregnant women in order to raise their awareness related to healthy pregnancy, family planning, STI, protection from Covid-19, and wellbeing of the baby.
EDI - Empowerment of Kosovo minorities through Education, Dialogue and Involvement in decision-making processes
Iddentification and referral of benneficiaries, and assisstance in neds assessment and monitoring in Municipality of Fushe Kosova
Support with food and hygiene packages for 900 families of Ashkali, Egyptian and Roma communities in 4 municipalities of Kosovo.