BALKAN SUNFLOWERS (BSFK) builds activist lives for social change. We inspire and engage in community action for human rights and dignity, working in education, health, culture, citizenship, employment, and respect for diversity.
Scope of work:
The protection of human rights; the social, emotional and intellectual development of all people in Kosovo; and the promotion of community empowerment - through developing and implementing programs for education, research, advocacy, arts, culture and other humane activities.
BALKAN SUNFLOWERS KOSOVA (BSFK) is a nongovernmental and non-profit association with the following objectives that are specified within BSFK ISO 9001 Quality Management System:
• Improve the educational, social, psychological, health, emotional and intellectual development of children and young people, their families and their communities.
• Advocate and mediate for the human rights of marginalized groups.
• Propel positive social change and support community empowerment through research, advocacy, training, mentoring, volunteerism and innovative program development.
Our objectives will be achieved by:
• Performing our activity to a high-quality level as measured against benchmarks
• Continuous improvement of capacity to meet objectives in our activities
• Fulfilling national and international laws, conventions and policies that form the basis for our work with young people
• Training and professional development of staff, volunteers and activists on the ground
• Establishing effective communication with stakeholders and relevant organizations concerning children and youth learning and development
• Establishing and maintaining the Quality Management System based on the managing of processes, in accordance with the ISO 9001 Quality Management Standards.
Balkan Sunflowers Kosova is one of the winners of the 2013 Erste Awards for Social Integration. For the 2013 award there were 1988 nominees from non-profit organizations in 13 countries. 136 were shortlisted as finalists and invited to Vienna for networking and the awards announcement on 27 June 2013.
BALKAN SUNFLOWERS KOSOVA builds activist lives for social change. We inspire and engage in community action for human rights and dignity, working in education, health, culture, citizenship, employment, and respect for diversity.